Pearson Test of English: What is PTE Essay Writing?
Source: E2 PTE Academic
PTE Essay Writing
Pearson Test of English, also known as PTE exam, is the leading test of English Language conducted across the world. It is the world’s leading computer-based test of English for study abroad and immigration purpose. This test of English Language provides the non-native English speakers a chance, who aspire to study abroad. PTE Academic is trusted by all the universities, colleges and governments around the world and holds a respectable position. Also, PTE Academic is known for providing its PTE Academic Preparation material, PTE test papers, Pearson practice tests, PTE sample papers, PTE academic practice test free and PTE coaching.
This article provides a PTE Academic preparation material for PTE exam preparation online.
Difference between PTE and IELTS
International English Language Testing System(IELTS) is the standardized test for English language speakers which holds a great relevance in Australian, British, Canadian and New Zealand academic institutions. Also, it is the only test approved by UK visas and immigration and also in New Zealand, Australia and Canada.
IELTS was developed jointly by British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment and its relevance is just as the other tests like TOEFL, TOEIC, etc. Read here about the best universities accepting IELTS score.
This test judges the proficiency of non-native English speakers and is ranked as the most popular English language test for higher education and immigration. Read here to get a detailed knowledge of IELTS Test – structure, pattern and strategies for preparation.
PTE Academic, on the other hand, took over in 2009 and is accredited by the QCA in association with Edexcel. It is a new entrant in the field of online English examinations and is taking over with utmost speed and determination. In order to gain the best of results, one needs to analyze and assess his own self and then take examinations accordingly, in order to score better results.
In terms of test content and its structure and system, IELTS is completely paper-based. It involves the use of pen and paper and an ample number of diagrams. Whereas, Pearson differs in certain aspects. Pearson is a computer-based test and involves no usage of hardcopy. Pearson Test of English sample tests are also available and can be used to understand its level. In short, both the tests have their own specifications and procedure. It depends solely on the choice of the candidate which test he/ she will opt for.
Why PTE Academic?
As mentioned earlier, PTE Academic with time has become one of the most recognized English tests. This computer-based test has an ample number of academic test papers and also provides to its candidates Pearson Test of English sample tests. Also, it has its academic results available within five business days.
Reason to choose PTE Academic
Besides providing a techno-based, comprehensive and reliable exam, PTE Academic holds a number of factors to its credit which one can consider and add to its positives. To list down a few reasons, why one should opt for PTE Academic-
- The PTE scores are delivered within 5 business days
- This test is organized all around the year and takes place over 199+ centers.
- Pearson English considers traditional English where English of daily requirement is tested.
- This test is fair, secure, non-partial and highly reliable. Yields 100% true results.
- This test is accepted for study applications, immigration, and Visa. Also, one can send an unlimited copy of their scores to as many sources they wish to send, fact-free of the cost!
- PTE exam scores are accepted by a number of professional associations for various registrations.
Not only does PTE Academic provide you with a reliable test but also helps you succeed simultaneously in it by providing a wide range of PTE Exam test preparation material and PTE exam online practice tests. A package of wholesome benefit!
PTE Exam Structure
Source- google images
Pearson test involves 3 parts-
- Speaking and writing simultaneously
The speaking and writing section is the part 1 of the test structure. It involves an assessment of your speaking and writing skills. It aims to test your spoken English with the help of readout aloud section, repeat sentences and personal introduction.
Besides this, the writing section will require you to write responses in academic English using correct grammar and spelling. For now, let us constrict our understanding and interpretation to the essay section of PTE Academic.
Essay Writing- PTE Academic Preparation Material
Essay writing aims to assess and mark the writing skills of any individual. Essays are used to judge the mastery and comprehension of the material. The academic essay tests the student’s ability to present their thoughts in an organized way and is designed to test their intellectual capabilities.
PTE requires you to write an essay of word limit ranging between 200-300 words. This essay is a response to the prompt(topic) given to the candidate and the candidate is required to answer it within 20 minutes. The answer to this prompt has to be extremely structured and binding in nature and you will be required to maintain a standard level English.
Now, let us move forward and go through some of the important essay topics in order to understand the level of which the candidate’s intellect is tested.
Most Common PTE Essay Writing Topics
- The environment we are living in is in danger due to various problems…so who do u think should be responsible for solving it? Is it the governments, organization or each individual?
- Do you think the consumer should avoid over packed products or it is the responsibility of the producer to avoid extra packaging of products?” Give your views or any relevant example with your own experience.
- Large shopping malls are replacing small shops. What is your opinion about this? Discuss with appropriate examples.
- Communication has changed significantly in the last 10 years. Discuss the positive and negative impacts of this change.
- People pursue dangerous activities like skydiving, motorcycle sports, white-water river rafting etc. Do you support? If yes, why and if not, why?
- Nowadays TV has become an essential part of life. Medium to spread news & awareness and for some, it acts as a companion. What is your opinion about this?
Now, moving further, here are some of the topics from different genres that you can consider for PTE preparation and exams as well.
- Everyone should stay in school and complete their education until they attain the age of 18. Do you agree or disagree? Support your answer citing valid arguments.
- In the education system, assessment through written formal examinations is valid or not.
- It is argued that getting married before finishing school or getting a job is not a good choice. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Illiterate of the future would not be one who does not know to read, but people who do not know how to learn
- Do you think that formal written examinations are a good way to assess knowledge at school and other institutions?
- The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education- Einstein. What does he mean by that? And do you think he is correct?
- Discuss the pros and cons of the era filled with inventions. Support your answer with your views.
- Is a new development in technology a boon or curse? Discuss
- Out of the computer, antibiotics, and the airplane, which invention according to you holds the highest relevance. Discuss.
- Some people believe that technology change human behavior. Do you agree with it?
- Discuss both sides of Space travel vs. Current crucial problems faced by the human?
Corporate and Economics
- The Top level Authorities of the Company should take employees suggestions or ideas to take any decisions or should not. Discuss
- Marketing strategy for big companies should be placed on offer and discounts, and in what ways this can impact on their reputation.
- It is believed that tourism causes disadvantage to many countries. Do you agree or disagree?
Other Relevant Topics
- Polygamy has increased in recent years. Devise solutions to combat it.
- Parents should be held responsible for the acts of their children. Do you agree or disagree
- More and more wild animals are on the verge of extinction and others are on the endangered list. What are the reasons for this? What can be done to solve this problem?
- The only way to improve unemployment is to increase urbanization. How far do you agree with this?
- The newspaper is no longer a need in the society. Express your opinion.
PTE Essay Writing
These are some of the topics one can consider while preparing for the Pearson exam. The topics are taken from all the fields and are repeated with twisted words and are based on facts related to it. The only difference will be made by your level of analyzing and understanding of the topic and the way you present your thoughts in counted words. What are your views on the PTE exam? Do share them in the comments section. Also, don’t forget to give your suggestions and feedback.
All the Best!